Posted by / Oct 20, 2016 / No comments / , , , , , , , ,

Jamarko

As I remember Kathmandu did not have an event culture until recent years. The only events happened to be dance parties, but now you can choose from variety of innovative way of engaging people into arts, music and other sources of creativity.

The Event
Jamarko, was one such event that was organized by Project Sarangi and Kiran Nepali. Kiran Dai as I know is a professional musician who as been engaged in Nepali folk and contemporary music scene. Jamarko was an event where folk musicians from all walk of life and age group came together to create a platform for folk music and folk instruments that they always deserved.

The Man Himself - Kiran Nepali
I was mainly surprised by the young musicians and their enthusiasm for folk music. They all seemed so confident and definitely had the making of the next generation musicians. I felt inspired by their devotion to music and their passion for our folk instruments.

The Youngest Artist 
Musician in the making

The Event not only gave a platform to artist and musicians but also the ones who put in their blood and sweat into creating the perfect sounding instruments - The Artisans. Most of the folk musical instruments are handmade and they are not mechanically manufactured, hence there is always a personal touch to these folk instruments.

Blood and Sweat
Sarangi in the making
I always believed that music was for everyone, I also never doubted the fact that music has no boundaries or a language but Jamarko really made me see it live.

Music has no boundaries

I always wanted to have a way to support people with talent and the idea of creativity, and this was one way. Though I had very minimal involvement, but I look forward to being involved in more of such events. 

Job of Registration
So the day was quite eventful and I would like to thank Kiran dai for letting me be a part of something so wonderful, and as always he is such a good poser. 

Kiran Nepali - Project Sarangi

Until the next event and until the next blog post.

To finding little adventures and making memories.

SHEY














Share This Post :
Tags : , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Instagram

Sidebar Posts

Popular Posts

Facebook