Posted by / Oct 25, 2016 / No comments / , , , , , , , ,

Beauty In My Backyard - Patan

I have always lived on Lalitpur side of Kathmandu and Patan was like my own backyard. We use to visit Patan every now and then, when we were kids. But as I grew up I never gave Patan the attention, and took it for granted for always being there. I have now come to realized how much I was missing out on while taking Patan for granted as now I am over whelmed with the beauty in the little ally ways, old vintage shops, houses and familiar looking faces. 

Something old
There seems to be so much more that can be explored and found in those narrow crowded ally way or the dark doorways and trust me there are probably hundred of them around Patan. Every time I visit Patan I find out new things, new places and new stories. 

Busy Patan
Patan is a busy city, it is always hustling bustling with locals and foreigners. The narrow roads are filled with pedestrians, bikes, cars, trunks and everything possible. The best way to explore Patan is on foot and by getting lost inside the similar looking lanes and ways. 

World of his own
Admiring Art
If you comb through Patan I am pretty sure you will find that every next door is a temple or a stupa. There are so many small, private and hidden temples, that you cannot keep track of all of them. But all these hidden temples and stupas seem to have a story of their own. 


Another interesting observation about Patan is that it has a mixture of old traditional houses and the modern concrete blocks. And everytime I looked at the old rugged houses I feel that each house, each block has a unique personality and that they speak of stories and tales that are unheard and unsaid. 

Patan Housing
Like any other old town in Kathmandu city, Patan also sustained severe damage during the recent earthquake. The few houses that have collapsed are still on the brim of construction whereas the others are still on life support with wooden beams and pillars supporting them. 

The Earthquake Affect
I will always have a lingering feeling of love for Patan and I have plans to one day be confident enough to not get lost in Patan and know about all the tucked away gems. 

All the photos on this blog post have been clicked on the phone, so the quality and focus can be a little compromised. 

Until the next trip to Patan and until next blog post.

To finding little adventures and making memories.

SHEY


Share This Post :
Tags : , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Instagram

Sidebar Posts

Popular Posts

Facebook