Posted by / May 18, 2017 / No comments / , , , , , , ,

Home Coming

I think we always take for granted what will always be easily available to us. And visiting Mustang was something that I probably took for granted, like many other things in life. Mustang being my hometown has plenty of my family plus the added serenity should have made me visit it more often and as I walk up and down the road towards Dhumba Lake, I regret not coming here often.

On the way to Dhumba Lake
A short hike away from my village Thini is one of the most popular lake here in Jomsom. Because of its easy access, it has garnered plenty of attention from travelers and movie makers. 

Gateway to Dhumba
My hiking buddies
While walking up and down the dusty yet walkable roads towards the Lake, I realized what being home actually felt like. That utter sense of comfort and complete ease that you hardly feel while in Kathmandu, felt therapeutic. 

Dhumba Lake
Sitting along the lake side while admiring the turquoise lake and the mountains I realized nothing can compare to the feeling of being home and being loved. Even though this was only my second visit, in my head I was already planning for my next visit. 

A Girl and the Lake

Lake View

View from the Lake
What caught me off guard amongst all of this is how emotional yet proud I was about where I come from.  I am already looking forward to visit this place I called home again, very soon!

Until the next home-coming and until the next blog post. 

To finding little adventures and making memories. 

SHEY







Share This Post :
Tags : , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Instagram

Sidebar Posts

Popular Posts

Facebook