Posted by / Nov 11, 2017 / No comments / , , , , , , , ,

I Fell For The Food

Posts on this blog has been long overdue and since I am the queen of procrastination, I let this blog be untouched for a really long time. Every time there is an event or something remotely interesting in my life rather than me staying in bed with work while getting extremely and constantly distracted by youtube, I vow to document it but procrastination and that slightly submissive ADHD kicks in real hard. 

Probably people who do make it to this blog know that I work in the field of development and research and have been actively working in Gender and Social Inclusion issues for a little more over 3 years now. 

A lot of people have mentioned over various conversations of how jealous they are about my work. Specially considering I get to do two of the my most favorite things in life - working from by bed and traveling. Though they are the most contradicting opposites, it is basically to conclude how weird I can be. 

Ok, enough of the ramble and getting to the point of this blog post, which is basically to reflect my recent visit to Vietnam. I was in Vietnam for a couple of days following a project I have been engaged in since 2014. This was my first International gig, well maybe the second actually considering the first one was in the neighboring country of India. 

So besides work there was something that I did on the daily while I was in there and that was eating yummy food. I had not realized how healthy and fresh and delicious Vietnamese Cuisine really was, and trust me when I say I fell for the food. 

PHO
Pho is probably one of the dishes I knew originated in Vietnam. Like most of the Asian Cuisine Vietnamese have there version of noodle soup called the PHO. You can find Pho is every nook and corner of Vietnam, weather you decide to have them on the street corners or fancy restaurants they are just as delicious. 

Bun Cha
I had tried this dish once before but I never knew what it was called, and now it has become one of my favorites. This dish has some of the flavors that I like the most when eating, that charcoal smoked pork, the soft soothing vermicelli noodles, the fresh crunchy spring onion, the sweet, sour and spicy sauce and greens, specially fresh coriander. Trust me when I say I am salivating as I write this up, in the middle of the night. 

Everything Green
The next on the top of my list of food to try was their spring rolls as I have heard real good things about it. I tried the fried ones too, unfortunately they were devoured before I could get time for a picture. Whether fresh or fried Vietnamese know their spring roll and they were bomb. It was fresh without any diluting substance, just clean and yummy. 

The Ming Dynasty Cuisine
We mostly went to local places to eat our meals but there was this one place in Hoi Chi Minh city that we went to and it was one of the most fancy places I have ever been. The place does not only have great food but they had the most extravagant decor and being there was definitely quiet an experience in itself.

Street Food

Korean Inspired Street Food

Spicy Rice Cake - Dokbboki

While on the weekend of my visit there I made sure to check out the famous and very very crowded weekend market at Hanoi. And rather than shopping I was business eye-balling all the food there. I seriously did not know my desire to eat was stronger than my desire to shop.  

Let me get to more about my Vietnam visit through up-coming posts, that I promise to write soon along with blurry Iphone photo (will soon invest on a good camera).

Until the next continuation of travel blog and the until the next blog post. 

To finding little adventures and making memories.

SHEY







Share This Post :
Tags : , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Instagram

Sidebar Posts

Popular Posts

Facebook